Pages

Sunday 11 September 2016

Review: The Mother I Never Knew: Two Novellas

The Mother I Never Knew: Two Novellas The Mother I Never Knew: Two Novellas by Sudha Murty
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Ah! I am glad to be back on the reading 'train'. It just feels so good to finish a book in a day!

This is the second Sudha Murty book that I've read and absolutely loved. The way she weaves the stories, creates the characters and makes you feel a part of their lives - I love it! From talking about money minded people to illegitimate children to adoptive parents and their love - the book has it all! The eagerness of the protagonists to know about their birth mother is really relateable but the way Mukesh (the second novella) rests his loyalty with his adoptive mother is really endearing to read.
I really loved that the book was fast paced, difficult to put down for even a minute and had a stories that one could easily relate to. The use of simple English made it even more engaging and helped me connect with all the characters easily! I recommend it to all those who are interested in light family dramas and like stories with emotionally driven subjects.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...